Saturday, July 30, 2005

Circular No 195



Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 30 July 2005. Circular No. 195
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
Here is a new old boy, good to hear from one of the many Blancs that were at MSB, wonder where are the others? Allan! Need your help.
Also I have included information on the last meeting of Old Boys, and I hope that by this issue there would be a movement to get the Old Boys Association resuscitated, obviously it should reside in TT.
This miracle could be done by having the name of an old boy that is willing to be the anchor, (meeting or calling point for those that require information or assistance).

This old boy does not have to write to anyone but be the “white pages” of the MSB Alumni. Maybe he is going to get some phone calls from alumni looking for someone; get additional information from me, etc.

Maybe this “right” person would be about to retire and still have a secretary to receive phone calls, and be able to tell those in need of information, where to go.

It is sad to note that because of the shortage of future monastic candidates at the Monastery, this function cannot be arranged there.

As we all have discussed through the years, the large amount of archives are being lost at the Monastery, and I am not talking about the Library, but school records.

Some say that it is for the good, this way there is nothing to write about and of course nothing to read.

I want your comments. Ed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Allan Blanc
Subject: Lost Student
Date: 4/28/2005 10:14:43 AM

Hi Ladislao,
Got a call from Johnny Blanc with your email information which I had him foreword to me so that I could send some information to you.
My name is Allan ( Sonny ) Blanc one and the same person.
At the Abbey School I was known as Allan but some of my friends who knew me from where I grew up called me by my nickname Sonny.
I went to the College in 1947 and left in 1953.
I am 72 years old and guess I was one of the original students of the Mount.
We lived in the Monastery and there was no college building at that time.
I think there were aprox 35 Students at the time.
No playing field or swimming pool.
That was all built when we were students, including the college building and a few other buildings.
The original Headmaster in my time was Fr Bernard.
I have many fond memories of the Abbey and meet many old students from time to time.
Will write you a longer note soon and fill you in with more details.
Will have to confirm the dates above but I am pretty sure they are pretty close.
Will write soon
Allan Blanc
TEL 1 868 633 3127
(Waiting for those news to publish. Ed)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
THE ABBEY SCHOOL
From: "Leonard Abbott" < leonard@tstt.net.tt >
Date: 2 Aug 19:02 (PDT)

Dear Ladislao,
Just to give you an update, Mr. Bernard Tappin (1961) contacted me today and he is assisting in contacting more old boys that he knows.
I tried making contact with Dr. Bratt, however all I'm getting is his office voice mail.
I left a message there but did not get a response.
I will try again on Monday, but if you have a home contact number for him please let me know.
Again it seems that we are getting a strong response from the older boys and I feel it is very important while they are only now coming on board their input into this event would be most welcomed and I'm using this forum to invite any suggestions these distinguished gentlemen may have to offer.
Thanks again for your assistance.
PS: this circular is copied to the members of the reunion committee
Please feel free to add their names to your circular if you do not have them already.
God bless,
Leonard Abbott
Reunion Committee
Phone: 1-868-692-3135
Mobile: 1-868-763-7073
(I am sorry that there has been no new attempt to get a REUNION together this year. Ed)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Ladislao Kertesz [mailto: lkertesz1@icqmail.com ]
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2003 9:15 AM

Dear Leonard
I have received information on our contact with Fr. Abbot, and we are making diligence to have the rest of the old boys informed, unfortunately time is against us.
Miguel has been receiving the circulars since March but he never mentioned any event.
I mention this because Salvador Coscarart informed me of his address and the planned event.
I would have helped your cause but lacked the information that I published recently.
I have retained the circular No. 90 waiting for this confirmation, so tonight it goes out with the necessary haste.
If you want me to send the circular to your friends or those you think should get it, please send me their emails.
God Bless
Ladislao
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 15:48:49 -0400, "Leonard Abbott" wrote:
Ladislao,
Fr. Abbot's contact # is 1 868-662-5286.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "JonGolding" < jongolding@wow.net >
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 14:11:25 -0400

Ladislao,
I'll do my best.
I have found a few others in TT like Peter Boos (1957)
I sent a request for a ticket direct to the Abbot but have heard nothing so far.
If I hear nothing I will just show up on the Sunday.
I leave in a few days for London.
Take care
Jon
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Ladislao Kertesz" < lkertesz1@icqmail.com >
To:
Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2003 12:28 PM

Dear Jon,
I hope you have bought rolls of film or new batteries for the digital camera.
Please send me the photos of the event so that I may include them in the circular.
Of course individual photos of the guys that we knew would be appreciated.
Please make propaganda for the circular, we need new guys in the listing, I am sure most are not in the list; and of course I do not have their emails.
I hope you meet additional friends, other than those that you already met.
Maybe someone knows about PG. Wilson (there is nothing in the internet)
God Bless
Ladislao
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 21:46:12 -0400, "JonGolding" wrote:

Hi Ladislao,
I am settling in to TT very well but never been so busy in my life!!
I have a demanding but very interesting job with RBTT Bank.
When I see you on 17th August I will fill you in.
Hope you are well
God Bless
Jon
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Ladislao Kertesz" < lkertesz1@icqmail.com >
Sent: Sunday, July 20, 2003 7:55 PM

Dear Jon,
How are you?
I hope that TT is as you thought it would be?
I have not written to you before as I know that if you had any information you would send it along.
O can it be that you are not receiving the Circulars ????
Well just let you know we are still trying to get MSB old boys a rerun
God Bless
Ladislao
-------------------------------------------------------------.
I have included a painting that should be a view of the Monastery in 1917, can anyone elaborate?
Maybe this is not really MSB in TT but somewhere else in the world.
Is this from Mt. Talbot? if not where were these?
---------------------------------------------------------------.
REMEMBER TO PAY YOUR DUES, 50 WORDS PER YEAR, OR SEND A CHECK ANY U.S. BANK to my mailing address:
Ladislao Kertesz
Apartado 69072
Caracas 1062A Venezuela
For those that prefer this way to cooperate with the Circular and the expense that this generates. It is 52 issues per year.
God Bless
Ladislao
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photo: Painting Monastery 1917???
PG. Wilson
--------------------------------------------------------------



No comments: