Saturday, June 18, 2005

Circular No 189



Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 18 of June 2005. Circular No. 189
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
Here I am enclosing communication from GIANETTI, who is in Trinidad.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 10 Dec 16:25 (PST)
Ladislao,
The Gentleman in the Photo is NOT a Gianetti but he may be a Gioannetti.
There are several ...Gerard, John, Nicholas and Roger.
He doesn't look like John who attended several years before me.
I (Shaun) graduated in 1979 (I am now 42).
My brother Michael Gianetti who is 2 years older than I did not graduate.
My other younger brother Ian Gianetti graduated in 1984.
Shaun
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
On 12/7/03 9:55 PM, "Ladislao Kertesz" lkertesz1@icqmail.com wrote:
Please help me with the photo.
Which of the Gianetti is in the photo, I want to place his name!!!.
Thank you for your response.
I have no graduation date for the gianetti boys at MSB or their Form V date???
Can you help??.
Is there a possiblility of getting resume to be included in the WEB page???
God Bless
Ladislao
(see enclosed photo, can anyone help??? Ed)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 16:46:24 -0400, Danny wrote:
Shaun is now at sg1@wow.net
He changed his email address because of too much spam mail
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
On 11/30/03 9:44 PM, "Ladislao Kertesz" lkertesz1@icqmail.com> wrote:
Dear friends
Please inform me of:
1) Which one of you went to the MSB REUNION and was photographed with Don and Gordon Mitchell.
2) What has happened to Shuan???, his email address has been cancelled!.
I want to include the photo in my circular and I want to keep Shuan in the list.
God Bless
Ladislao
---------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Shaun
Date: 1/15/2005 2:52:17 AM
Ladislao,
I graduated in 1979.
My phone contact: 868 634-2301
In my class were people like: Harry Stauble (Diego Martin), Iain “Wabba” Milne (Tobago), Larry Farina (St. Augustine). Richard Lawrence (now in Nova Scotia I think),
Yes, I am receiving the circulars.
Michael doesn’t have his computer online at present.
Mike lives in Petit Valley, Diego Martin.
Ian lives in Orlando Florida igianetti@hubbard.com
No, I didn’t go to the reunion.
Sorry.
Regards,
Shaun
(Need the address or telephone number for Richard Lawrence, Iain Milne, Harry Stauble, ed.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
On 1/14/05 3:07 PM, "lazslo kertesz" < lkertesz3@icqmail.com > wrote:
Dear Shaun
I have made the change.
Are you receiving the Circulars??
Can you help me with IAN and MICHAEL address??
Where are they living??
Did you go to the 1st reunion of Abbey boys last year?
I have no information on you, when did you graduated Form V???.
Any telephone number???
I am missing the above.
God Bless
LAdislao Kertesz
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Shaun
Sent: 1/14/2005 2:26:57 AM
To: jasong@tstt.net.tt
Subject: Re: New email address
Hi Everyone,
I have changed my ISP from wow.net to tstt.net and now have ADSL Hi-Speed Internet.
Therefore, my email addresses have changed (my old ones will still be active to the end of the month).
Please update your address book
Please note: Personal: scg1@tstt.net.tt
Business: moneymatters@tstt.net.tt
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 10:51:49 AM EST
From: Shaun
I noted with interest the email from Llewelyn Mac Intosh.
Usually referred to as "Mackie".
He was an excellent teacher, though not the most favourite because he also had the role of "Dean of Discipline" which was not popular when he brought out the "pesse" and doled out licks to those who may have (or not) deserved it.
The son of the lawyer Theodore Guearra, was always getting licks (can't remember his first name).
Shaun Gianetti
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 11:56:59 PM EST
From: Shaun
I think his name was Feniboe ( may not be spelt right)
Shaun
(Can anyone help? Ed.)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
On 2/5/05 4:24 PM, "Ladislao Kertesz" < kertesz11@netscape.net > wrote:
Dear Shaun
Can you contact Theodore Guerra, Attorney??
There must be an Attroney listing somewhere.
I shall try with Anthony Lucky??, who knows.
God Bless
LAdislao
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 5/23/2005 10:41:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time
From: Shaun
On 5/21/05 7:49 PM, "Ladislao Kertesz" wrote:
Dear Shaun
Thank your for the message.
This is to let you know that it was received.
What ever happened to MICHAEL ? has he changed address?
God Bless
Ladislao
---------------------------------------------------------------------.
Michael, my brother?
No has not moved.
Still lives in Chuma Monka Avenue, Petit Valley.
He does not have email though.
He works at Peak Marine in Chaguaramas.
Shaun
--------------------------------------------------------------------.
PART I of various to be published by Ladislao Kertesz. (my 50 words instead of a check)
Effectively today the school does not look the same as when I was there.
I am going to write a short resume leading to my stay that started in 1955.
I went to the Abbey School because of concerns by my parents of the need to learn English.
My father was a friend of Matias Fedak´s father who recommended the school.
My father got my uncle interested and I was enrolled in their idea.
I was told of the impending trip in July 1955 after I finished primary school here in Caracas.
I remember starting to make a list of English words that I knew; they did not number more than 25 if my memory is right.
No problem, I did not know that in TT people spoke only English with a few exceptions.
I was with the expectations of a treat, an airplane flight of over an hour, since I had never been on an airplane before.
The airplane was a Viking, if I find a photo in the future I shall include it, specially for you pilots.
The day of the flight approached without a sweat, I had no way of knowing what the future had for me. I have tried to think of my bravery but I believe that the opportunity for a flight overwhelmed reason.
The trip was long enough at about 10000 feet, I could see people walking in the streets and vehicles on the road.
Then suddenly the announcement that we were about to land.
Here suddenly I got nervous, as my parents were not close, etc.
I disembarked the airplane and walked apprehensively towards the terminal building together with the rest of the passengers.
I had in my hand a slip of paper with my future address, The Abbey School and the contact. Fr. Bernard,
Suddenly I saw a white robed person and three kids, I only remember that it was Bro. Vincent, Manuel Prada and two other kids.
The emigration part was fast and off we went to the school, which was clearly seen at the distance, just as today, a monument.
I had arrived a week early, which was good as I met all the priest and the Venezuelan boys with whom friendship was obvious, only then I realized that there was a language problem.
The rest of the story shall be posted in a new circular. I believe in equal time.
(Can anyone write their experiences as to the first day?? Ed.)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------.
REMEMBER TO PAY YOUR DUE, 50 WORDS PER YEAR, OR SEND A CHECK preferably from any U.S. Bank, to my mailing address:
Ladislao Kertesz
Apartado 69072
Caracas 1062A Venezuela
For those that prefer this way to cooperate with the Circular and the expense that this generates. It is 52 issues per year.
God Bless
Ladislao
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photo: don, marothy, John Gioannetti; Viking airplane
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


No comments: