Saturday, May 07, 2005

Circular No 183




Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.

Caracas, 7 of May 2005. Circular No. 183

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,

Here I am enclosing communication from Salvador Coscarart on his chat with Anthony Garner, who is in Canada.

I had hopped that somehow I may have the pleasure to talk with him also, but no luck as yet.

De: Salco56 Salco56@cs.com
Fecha: 12/01/2005 11:27:21

Hello
Ladislao aqui estan varias fotos de dos hermanos que fueron al Abbey School class of 74.
Assam & Alloy Garner venezolanos y viven en Canadá ahora.
Saludos
Salvador Coscarart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fecha: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 10:03:24 -0500
De: Anthony Garner chongsing@sympatico.ca
Para: Salco56@cs.com
Asunto: 3 great iPhotos

Salvador,
Gracias por las fotos.
Here I am sending you a photo of myself, wife and daughter.
The girls in the garden are daughters of Sam.
Estamos en contacto.
Mono loco

(I hope to hear from you, Anthony, send information, ed.)
( what would be Assam´s email address?, ed.)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now another oldboy has been added to the list. Welcome

dharris@lawyers.ca

David Allan Harris
420 North Service Rd E
Oakville
, Ontario L6H 5R2 Canada

Tel.: (905) 842-3211

(All I need is the resume and you are on the list, ed.)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
A long lost email, sorry Gregory.

From: "gregory farfan"
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 21:38:59 +0000
To: g4iuz.icope@ntlworld.com, edwardlloyd@yahoo.co.uk, manderson17@cfl.rr.com

Dear Eddie, Richard, and Ian,
Eddie are you an “OLD BOY " of Mount St. Benedict ??? If you are try looking at these old photos 1958/59. See if you can help.
You must read on. Richard and Ian, I know you both are old mount boys, so please try your luck and help out Ladislao Kertesz.
Richard I will see you on the weekend, since I will be in Orlando.
Friends try and help out.
Regards and best wishes for Christmas.
Gregory Farfan --- Class of 1967.
Trinidad
P.S Ronald Charles lives at, No 15. Eagle Crescent, Fairways, Maraval. Home Phone 868-628-5596.

(Need Geoffrey Farfan address, email, etc., ed.)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Farfan, Gregory - I have read with great interest (your website) our old school.
The great Mount St. Benedict, our Abbey School.
I am Gregory Farfan , of Lot # 3 St. Michael Road, Blue Range .Diego Martin, Trinidad Phone. 1-868-632-2509
E-Mail :mail to jgfarfan@hotmail.com or at my office Gregory_Farfan@themutual.com. My years at Mount are 1960 to 1964, when I left to attend Fatima until 1967-June.
Please make contact with myself, I happen to know a lot of " OLD BOYS " in Trinidad and the Caribbean Islands.
Will love to help expand your web site.
Regards Gregory.
P.S My home was the first house looking down (facing south) from Mount. We used to run away from school penance through the bush, for home St Augustine etc.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Annabella Johnson
Date: 2/22/2005 11:52:43 PM

Dear Ladislao,
Thank you for contacting me again and for the circulars.
The last one I received is No. 167.
If you have sent more since that one, I will appreciate receiving them.
I have not been back to Trinidad for at least 4 years when I went for my Aunt's funeral so that visit was a very short one.
I am hoping to go some time in late April or May for a week as I need to renew my T&T passport which expired last November.
I am just so busy at work that I could not get the time to go yet.
Anyway when I go, I plan to visit the Mount and Santa Margarita Hill where we lived close to MSB.
Your circulars are really interesting and I have received emails from old friends of the past through these circulars.
Thanks a lot and God bless you.
Annabella

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Monday, February 21, 2005 6:15 PM

Dear Annabelle
I hope that you are getting the Circulars again.
If you need old issues please contact idmitch@anguillanet.com
God Bless
Ladislao

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Annabella Johnson
Sent: 1/10/2005 2:11:48 AM

Dear Ladislao,
First of all, a very Happy New Year to you and may you have a very good, healthy and blessed 2005.
I really enjoy getting the circulars and catching up on the news of the some of the guys we used to know in our youth.
I noticed you had not sent me any circulars recently and just thought that maybe you were on a Christmas break or away on holiday somewhere.
Anyway please try again as I don't know why my address is rejecting your circulars.
I hope you get this from me.
Some guys e.g. Paul de Labastide, Howard Ho saw my address and wrote me.
It was nice making contact again.
Best regards
Annabella.

(Maybe you would know Geofrey Farfan´s address, ed.)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REMEMBER TO PAY YOUR DUE, 50 WORDS PER YEAR, OR SEND A CHECK preferably from any U.S. Bank, to my address:

Ladislao Kertesz
Apartado 69072
Caracas 1062A Venezuela

For those that prefer this way to cooperate with the Circular and the expense that this generates. It is 52 issues per year.

God Bless

Ladislao
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photo:
anthony garner and family 2005
assam garner 2005
assam garner daughters 2005
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look us up at http://www.theabbeyschool.com, an all class msb web site.

Look at www.paxabbey.com for information on the Monastery, Mt St. Benedict.

For those that want to communicate with the web, use, webmaster@theabbeyschool.com

Send information to: Ladislaokertesz@hotmail.com if you would like to be in the circular’s mailing list or any old boy that you would like to include. Telf. 0 (212) 263.5346 Caracas.

Use kaviacion@cantv.net or kertesz11@yahoo.com for photos as I leave enough storage space for these.

Please note: you may have missed some of the circulars, if you have not received one every week, do not hesitate to ask for the missing number to idmitch@anguillanet.com

For those that would like to contact me here I include my telephones:
Telf.Office: 58 (212) 263.5346, 267.2416, From: 11:00GMT to 22:00GMT
FAX: 58 (212) 261.0829,
Home: 58 (212) 238.4084. From: 00:00 GMT to 04:00 GMT
Cellphone: +58 (0416) 612.5695
Remember that Venezuela’s time is the same as Trinidad’s, -04:00 GMT.

No comments: