Saturday, April 30, 2005

Circular No 182



Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.

Caracas, 30 April 2005. Circular No. 182

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends

Here are miscellaneous emails from The Goldings.
I am missing Baby Joe´s commentaries, hope he is well and just lazy!!!.


From: GEOFFREY GOLDING
Date: 1/17/2005 10:54:30 PM

Ladislao, it has been a long time since I last contacted you but I religiously read your weekly news bulletins.
Keep up the good work!!!!
I have never sent you a photo so I am now sending one of my wife and I, on my 30th year service award with Imperial Oil (ESSO) a month ago.
Do you recognize me?
We have all changed so much over the years but it is amazing how we can remember the faces from some 50 years ago.
Please send me Matias e-mail.
I would like to surprise him!!
Best wishes and thanks,
Geoff.

(I must have lost the photo, resend, ed.)
------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 6:29:19 AM EST
From: "Jon Golding"

Ladislao,
Roger is fine.
He changed jobs and is now working as Secretary/Manager of the Queen's Park Oval.
I am not sure if he has an email (personal) but I will see what I can do when I see him next.
Regards
Jon

------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Jon,
Please could you inquire on Roger Henderson, his email box has been closed for a while.
I hope it is not for health reasons!!!
Waiting for your reply.
God Bless
Ladislao

----------------------------------------------------------------
"Jon Golding" wrote:

Hi Giovanni
I just read your note to Ladislao.
It was great hearing from you.
Donde vives?
Yo vivo en Trinidad y trabajo por un banco mejor. (www.rbtt.com).
Quizas este año voy a Venezuela a ver mis compadres viejos!
This is the bad Spanish Mr De Matas taught me! Remember him?
Por muchos años, I wondered where you, Roberto Savorgnan y Pablo Figuera were.
Sabes tu?
For your information Roberto's older hermano is Luciano.
Escribame cuando tu tienes el tiempo.
Saludos
Juan de la Golding

--------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "JonGolding"
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 14:11:25 -0400

Ladislao,
I'll do my best.
I have found a few others in TT like Peter Boos (1957)
I sent a request for a ticket direct to the Abbot but have heard nothing so far.
If I hear nothing I will just show up on the Sunday.
I leave in a few days for London.
Take care
Jon

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To:
Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2003 12:28 PM

Dear Jon,
I hope you have bought rolls of film or new batteries for the digital camera.
Please send me the photos of the event so that I may include them in the circular.
Of course individual photos of the guys that we knew would be appreciated.
Please make propaganda for the circular, we need new guys in the listing, I am sure most are not in the list, and of course I do not have their emails.
I hope you meet additional friends, other than those that you already met.
Maybe someone knows about Bro. Vincent, PG. Wilson (there is nothing in the internet)
Also please ask Fr. Cuthbert for the address of Fr. Paul and Fr. Francis?
He told me that it was matter of going up to his room!.
Ask Fr. Benedict if he is getting the circulars, I believe that The Person at the computer is not delivering the circulars.
If not then I must mail them by snailmail.
God Bless
Ladislao

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 21:46:12 -0400, "JonGolding" wrote:

Hi Ladislao,

I am settling in to TT very well but never been so busy in my life!!
I have a demanding but very interesting job with RBTT Bank.
When I see you on 17th August I will fill you in.
Hope you are well
God Bless
Jon

> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> To:
> Sent: Sunday, July 20, 2003 7:55 PM

Dear Jon
How are you?
I hope that TT is as you thought it would be?
I have not written to you before as I know that if you had any information you would send it along.
O can it be that you are not receiving the Circulars ????
Well just let you know we are still trying to get MSB old boys a rerun
God Bless
Ladislao

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "JonGolding"
To:"Francis Pereira"
Subject: MSB Reunion
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 12:33:57 -0400

Dear Abbot Francis,
I would like to buy two tickets to the MSB Reunion (for myself plus friend) for the Sunday only event since I will regrettably be out of the country on 15th August.
Please tell me how much and where to send the cheque and to whom payable.
Many thanks
Jon Golding
Class of 1961.

PS Please give Fr Benedict and Fr Augustine my regards.
I hope they will both be there on the Sunday.
IF Fr Benedict has an email address please let me have it since I want to ask him if he has a scanner and a computer.
If not I can lend him my scanner (if he has a computer) so he can scan some old photos for us to put on the website. Many thanks. JG.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: "JonGolding"
Subject: Relocated to Trinidad
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 20:43:31 -0500

Hi Ladislao,
Please pass this on to All the guys who left around 1960 and 1961.
My brother Geoffrey was in class with you, the Galts, David Pampellone, Michael Herrera, Manuel Prada, Louis Lacour, Bernard Johnson, Chris Knowles, Matias de Fedak, Wayne Vincent Brown, Roger Henderson, etc.
My class had Pablo Figuera, Roberto Savignon, Robert Elias, Tilson Tang, Peter Gibson, Christian Goddard (at one time), Richard Farah, Stuart Monplaisir, and many others.
Have you heard from all of these people? What news of the Figueras, Savignons?

I am now resettled back in Trinidad after 37 years in Europe, America, Middle East, India, and a few other places, running the Private Banking Division of RBTT Financial Holdings, the biggest banking group in the Caribbean.
It's really a great life here relating to my roots which no-one overseas could really understand and I was blessed to get this job - helped with references from some of the names I have mentioned.
The Old Boys Network really does work!!
I have met some of the guys back here but not had a chance to go up the hill yet.
Do you know if Voosh still has some of the many photos he took while we were there?
I am thinking of going up with a laptop and a scanner to capture some of these from him. What do you think?
Best wishes
Jon Golding

PS What is Louis Lacour's email address?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REMEMBER TO PAY YOUR DUE, 50 WORDS PER YEAR, OR SEND A CHECK preferably from any U.S. Bank, to my address:

Ladislao Kertesz
Apartado 69072
Caracas 1062A Venezuela

For those that prefer this way to cooperate with the Circular and the expense that this generates. It is 52 issues per year.

God Bless

Ladislao
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photo: Jon 2003, class 1958?? Fill in the names please
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look us up at http://www.theabbeyschool.com, an all class msb web site.

Look at www.paxabbey.com, for information on the Monastery, Mt St. Benedict.

For those that want to communicate with the web, use, webmaster@theabbeyschool.com.

Send information to: Ladislaokertesz@hotmail.com, if you would like to be in the circular’s mailing list or any old boy that you would like to include. Telf. 58 (212) 263.5346 Caracas.

Use kertesz11@netscape.net, or kertesz11@yahoo.com, for photos as I leave enough storage space for these.

Please note: you may have missed some of the circulars, if you have not received one every week, do not hesitate to ask for the missing number to idmitch@anguillanet.com

For those that would like to contact me here I include my telephones:
Telf.Office: 58 (212) 263.5346, 267.2416, From: 11:00GMT to 22:00GMT
FAX: 58 (212) 261.0829,
Home: 58 (212) 238.4084. From: 00:00 GMT to 04:00 GMT
Cellphone: +58 (0416) 612.5695
Remember that Venezuela’s time is the same as Trinidad’s, -04:00 GMT.

No comments: