Saturday, March 05, 2005

Circular No 174





Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.

Caracas, 5 of March 2005. Circular No. 174
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends

Before I start, I would like apologize to my correspondents.
Normally I take your emails and place them in a file under your name.
Sometimes it might take some months!!!, to get your emails in the Circulars as sometimes I have at least four Circulars in preparation.
These are made according to the styles, or group of an old boy and his comrades.
So I assign your email a number that maybe a few weeks away.
I do not throw away any email so in due time your communication is surely in a Circular.
Same with the photos.
The longer your email, the better the chance to see it published sooner.
Lately I started to reply to each email you send to let you know that I received it.
Now down to business

I have the pleasure to send you the latest communication from an old boy, Class 1960, whom I can call a personal friend.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: HOYAUX Christine Christhoy@wanadoo.fr
Sent: Sunday, January 2, 2005 6:08 AM
Bonjour Ladislao,

Thank you for your wishes.
I send you a picture of my family and I inform you that I live in a small touristique town called Saint Francois.
Thanks a lot for the numerous news that you mail frequently.
Love to all the promotion of Mount.
Amitiés
Louis LACOUR

------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Nigel Darwent ndarwent@tstt.net.tt
Sent: Saturday, January 1, 2005 3:19 PM

Hi Ladislao,
Thanks for the information.
As far as I know the information I have embedded in your original text below is correct.

Dear Nigel
Thank you for the wishes and I also wish you and your family a Prosperous New Year with lots of health.
As to your question, Nigel:
The elevation of MSB is about 800feet, or about 3ºcentigrade lower than in the plains.
Can you help me with any information on your family member that went to the MSB??

Darwent, John Don't know.....Peter will know.
Darwent, Peter Peter lives in the UK and his e-mail address is ppdarwent@hotmail.com
Darwent, Roger Moved to the US where he died.
Darwent, Walter Still in Trinidad, Peter should know how to contact.
Are the ones that I have on my list.
Your web pages are very good, I hope I could do them myself.

God Bless
Ladislao
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Nigel Darwent" ndarwent@tstt.net.tt
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 22:17:10 -0400

Hi Ladislao,
Belated Christmas greetings, hope that you had a wonderful Christmas, and here's wishing you and your family a 2005 filled with all of the good things that you wish for yourselves.
Could you tell me what is the elevation above sea level of The Mount?
Regards
Nigel.

------------------------------------------------------------------.-
A new comer to the ALUMNI Circulars of The Abbey School, in this case a friend of some of the The Abbey School oldboys.

From: "Roland D Abadie"
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2005 5:12 PM

Rey:
Funny you should ask.
Yes I do know some of the guys that show up in the various pictures from time to time.
I had several friends from Venezuela when I went to Mount.
Some family history, my Dad was staying in an old age home at the Mount when he passed away.
My brother also went to school at Mount and my sister used to work with addicts at the old school after it was closed several years ago.
The guy in the photo holding the shotgun is actually my cousin Ian de Verteuil and his brother David de Verteuil, is my fishing cousin who lives in Oakville.
Ian lives on Vancouver Island somewhere north of Victoria.
He visited last summer on his way back from Trinidad.
His mom and two other brothers also live in Oakville.
Roland

----------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Rey Morillo"
To: "Roland D'abadie"
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 09:38:22 -0500

Hey Roland,
These guys all went to Mount St. Benedict.
Somehow they think I'm Rey Morillo who went there.
I have a cousin in Venezuela with the same name so maybe it's him.
Anyway you recognize any of these guys?
I told them to keep me on their email list, just for the hell of it.
Rey

---------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Rey Morillo
Date: 3/12/2005 12:37:22 PM

Hi Laci,
One of my best friends is also from Trinidad, Roland D'abadie, he also attended The Mount along with my Uncle Winston Rattan sound familiar?
Anyways I forwarded your email to him to see if he recognized anyone and of course he did.
Small world, his email is rdabadie@sympatico.ca.
Drop him a line let him know Rey Morillo sent you.
One day when I strike it rich we'll hook up a big reunion until then take care.
Thanks & God Bless
Brother Rey

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
REMEMBER TO PAY YOUR DUE, 50 WORDS PER YEAR, OR SEND A CHECK preferably from any U.S. Bank, for those that prefer this way to cooperate with the Circular and the expense that this generates. It is 52 issues.

God Bless

Ladislao
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photo: louiseIM001483, eeIM001501, lacour wife 1, lacourfish 1
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look us up at http://www.theabbeyschool.com, an all class msb web site.
Look at www.paxabbey.com, for information on the Monastery, Mt St. Benedict.
For those that want to communicate with the web, use, webmaster@theabbeyschool.com.
Send information to: Ladislaokertesz@hotmail.com, if you would like to be in the circular’s mailing list or any old boy that you would like to include. Telf. 58 (212) 263.5346 Caracas.
Use kertesz11@netscape.net, or kertesz11@yahoo.com, for photos as I leave enough storage space for these.
Please note: you may have missed some of the circulars, if you have not received one every week, do not hesitate to ask for the missing number to idmitch@anguillanet.com,
For those that would like to contact me here I include my telephones:
Telf.Office: 58 (212) 263.5346, 267.2416, From: 11:00GMT to 22:00GMT
FAX: 58 (212) 261.0829,
Home: 58 (212) 238.4084. From: 00:00 GMT to 04:00 GMT
Cellphone: +58 (0416) 612.5695
Remember that Venezuela’s time is the same as Trinidad’s, -04:00 GMT.




No comments: