Sunday, November 06, 2005

Circular No 210



Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 6 November 2005. Circular No. 210
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The great debate on Class 1963 or Class 1964
I still need more input to clear up all doubts.
The emails have been included in an attachment, but I still need the addresses, telephone number, whereabouts for those that do not have an email address.
I am extremely sorry that there are no photos for the classes in 1970+++.
------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Baknal@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 10:04:08 EDT

I recall there was a Bernadine in our class, is he the same as Wallace?...
I guess we're all too stressed out to remember!......
All the best,
Howard.
------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Subj: Re: Class of 1964
Date: 9/28/2005 7:53:44 AM Central Daylight Time
Come on guys, I know there are better brains out there than mine, how about:
Aitken for #12?
Bernard Fontaine is correct for #2,
Piton rings a bell! Marninique or Gaudeloupe?
Wallace for #9?, doesn’t ring a bell.
Don, we sat O levels in Form IV in 62........................there after, no se?
Regards
Eddie
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2005 1:08 PM
Subject: Re: Class of 1964

Hello Tony,
Yes, I did my Form V, O Levels in 1963.
I did not know what I wanted to do with myself.
There was no careers guidance in those days.
I went back to try for better marks in 1964.
They did not improve.
I went off to London to do law that summer.
We have the following suggested names for this photo, probably of Form IV taken in 1962:
1 Michael Azar;
2 Bernard Fontaine;
3 ? Piton;
4 Michael de Verteuil;
5 Joel Blandin;
6 Edward Lloyd;
7 Simon Dacosta;
8 Enrique Castellas;
9 ? Wallace;
10 Don Mitchell;
11 Anthony Vieira;
12 ;
13 Douglas Agostini;
14 Ma Chook;
15 Humphry Ho Koon;
16 Stuart Henderson;
17 James Seheult.
We are missing information for 3, 9, and 14.
All the best,
Don
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 6:37 PM
Subject: Re: Class of 1964

Cheers guys,
My last year at the mount was 64 I went back after 63 for a second try at GCE.
So I was in Form V with Mitchell senior and junior, did you go back in 64 Don?
I don't remember that.
Tony
-----------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: "Don Mitchell, QC"
Subject: Re: Class of 1964
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 09:09:34 -0400

Hello Ed,
Yes! Aitkin rings a bell.
I agree, Wallace does not ring at all.
We did sit one or two trial O Levels, History and something else perhaps, in Form IV.
But, our Form V, O Levels were the following year.
I sat Form V in both 1963 and 1964.
I remember it well perhaps because of the embarrassment of not doing better the second time around.
Don
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: "Don Mitchell, QC"
Subject: Form V 1963
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 13:25:22 -0400

Hello Nigel,
I got two attachments. One is labelled MSB Class of 1964.doc (540 KB) and the other is labelled MSB Class of 1964.doc (391 bytes).
The second one I cannot open.
It sounds very small, so perhaps I can ignore it.
The first document contains 4 photos, two of the class and one each of Tony and me.
It seems to me that the first photo of essentially 2 rows of boys was taken in 1962 when we were in Form IV.
The second photo shows the boys one year older; I believe it was taken in 1963 when we were in Form V.
I have amended the labels accordingly and filled in the missing names.
Does anyone have any corrections or additions?
All the best,
Don
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Nigel Boos" <nigelboos@yahoo.ca>
To: "Ho Howard" <baknal@aol.com>;
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2005 11:54 AM
Subject: Form V 1963 and Form V 1964

I've been trying to pull together what I can find on these 2 years.
Please amend as you see fit.
Nigel
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 01:47:32 -0400
To: edwardlloyd@tiscali.co.uk
From: "Tony Vieira"
Subject: Re: Fw: Class of 1964

Selwin,
I have been following the correspondence between the guys; here is what we came up with between us i.e. Nigel Boos, Don Mitchell, Me, You and Howard.
I remembered all of the faces; putting a name to them is something else except for
#1. is Michael Azar AKA big Joe [better looking than I remember him]
#2 was a Venezuelan boy Fontaine
#3 is Piton,
#4 was a Trinidadian de Verteuil,
#5 is Joel Gui Blandin [of course]
#6 is Edward Lloyd AKA Selwin
#7. was Simon Da Costa
#8 is Enrique Castells AKA shovel hand,
#9 isn't that Wallace? his father was minister of Education in Trinidad at the time?
#10 is of course Don Mitchell AKA Box Head and that is me at
#11 AKA Terry WANG,
#12 I remember his face but no name comes to mind but he was Trinidadian,
#13 Herrera
#14 is Ma Chook,
#15 Ho Koon
#16 is a Henderson
#17 Seheult.
Tony
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
you wrote:
Tony, Don
Do you remember all the faces?
Eddie
------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Ed Lloyd"
To: "Tony Vieira" , nigelboos@yahoo.ca, Baknal@aol.com
Subject: Re: Class of 1964
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 09:12:27 +0100

Ok, here is my take...........
1= Michael Azar (Big Joe),
2= ? Fontaine,
3=? a Venezuelan,
4= Michael de Verteuil,
5= Joel Blandin,
6= your's truly Edward Lloyd,
7= Simon da Costa (Barbados),
8=Enrique Castells,
9= ? a San Fernando boy, his dad was in the construction business.
10= Don Mitchell,
11= The one and only, Tony Vieira,
12= a POS boy,
13= Douglas Agostini,
14= Ma Chook,
15= Ho,
16=Stuart Henderson
17= James Seheult.
So we are still missing the names for #'s 3, 9 & 12.
The year was 1962, believe it or not as we were all in Form IV and I wasn't there the following year, Howard is correct in saying that the day boys were not there, as this was taken on a Sunday evening before dinner (or breakfast) at the new refectory up the hill.
All the best to you lads.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2005 5:35 AM
Subject: Re: Class of 1964

Nigel, thanks!.
Don, here's my take:
1 = Azar,
2 = Fontaine?
3 or 8 = Castells,
4 = de Verteuil,
5 = Blandin,
6 = Lloyd,
9 =?,
10 = Don,
12 =?,
13 = Herrera,
14 = Ma Chook?
15 = Ho Koon,
16 = Henderson,
17 = Seheult............
All the best,
Howard in Portland.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subj: Re: Class of 1964
Date: 9/27/2005 11:07:22 AM Central Daylight Time
From:
nigelboos@yahoo.ca

Howard,
Just to fill in a bit:
# 8 A boy from Venezuela
#15 Humphrey Ho Koon ???
#16 Stuart Henderson
#17 Mac Seheult's younger brother
Nigel
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
On 27-Sep-05, at 9:24 AM, Baknal@aol.com wrote:

Don, I would give it a try later since I'm at the airport about to catch a flight out of Houston to CA..
I'll try this evening if some one has not responded by then.....
All the best,
Howard.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
idmitch@anguillanet.com writes:
Subj: Class of 1964
Date: 9/27/2005 7:58:20 AM Central Daylight Time
To: Baknal@aol.com, edwardlloyd@tiscali.co.uk, nigelboos@yahoo.ca,

Hello Howard,
Fair enough.
But, can you identify the numbered faces?
All the best,
Don
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: idmitch@anguillanet.com ; edwardlloyd@tiscali.co.uk ; nigelboos@yahoo.ca
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 8:45 AM
Subject: Re: Class of 1964

Don,
Good hearing from you again! I was not in the photo since I was a day "boy".
However this was my class which I think was 1964.
Ed Lloyd is in the photo (I think!).
I'm trying to get down to Turks and Caicos to check it out and will try and visit Anguilla as well before year's end hopefully.....all the best, Howard.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Subj: Re: Class of 1964
Date: 9/27/2005 7:33:04 AM Central Daylight Time
To: edwardlloyd@tiscali.co.uk, nigelboos@yahoo.ca, tandjv@networksgy.com

Hello all,
I am embarrassed to admit it.
I have no recollection after all these years what the names of most of my classmates were.
Was this photo of Form V 1964?
It could hardly have been.
I was in Form V in both the years 1963 and 1964, so I can get confused.
I thought Joe was in 1963.
MJ De Verteuil was in 1963.
My brother Gordon was in 1964 Form V, and he is not in the photo.
Tony was gone before 1964, and probably before 1963, yet he is in the photo.
The only ones I can identify with some certainty are:
1. Michael (Joe) Azar
4. Michael Joseph Basil De Verteuil
5. Joel Guy Blandin
7. David Da Costa
10. Don
11. Anthony Vieira
12.
13.
14.The ones I can guess are:
15. Howard Ho
16. ? Henderson
17. ? Seheult
I think this photo is probably of Form IV taken in 1962.
According to Ladislao's labelling system that would make it Form V of 1963 taken the previous year.
On the other hand, it might be of 1963.
All the best,
Don
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Ed Lloyd" edwardlloyd@tiscali.co.uk
To: "Nigel Boos" ; "Don Mitchell"
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 4:30 AM
Subject: Fw: Class of 1964

Tony, Don
Do you remember all the faces?
Eddie
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: "Nigel P. Boos" nigelboos@eagles-wings.ca
To: "Azar Michael" ;
Sent: Monday, September 26, 2005 6:55 PM
Subject: Class of 1964

Hey Eddie and Joe,
Ladislao is trying to figure out the names of the boys in this Class of 1964 photograph.
I thought that maybe you could help him, since this was your graduation year - I think.
Regards,
Nigel Boos
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Class of 1963 from the web page
Blandin, Joel RIP
Fontaine, Bernard
Henderson, Stuart
Mitchell, Don
Raffensperger, Frank
Seheult, Anthony
Stein, Michael
Zevin, Paul
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REMEMBER TO PAY YOUR DUE, 50 WORDS PER YEAR, OR SEND A CHECK ANY U.S. BANK to my mailing address:
Ladislao Kertesz
Apartado 69072
Caracas 1062A Venezuela
For those that prefer this way to cooperate with the Circular and the expense that this generates. It is 52 issues per year.
God Bless
Ladislao
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photo: Class 1963 with names, + list of names with emails.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: