Saturday, October 29, 2005

Circular No 208



Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 29 Octubre 2005. Circular No. 208
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends
Further news on an old boy FABIO AMICI, that has been added to the email list.
One more to the list of weekly mailings. Keep on.
Here is an extensive letter from “CHECHE”, I am hoping to make the corrections as soon as possible, although I have not received replies from others on the photo.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 11:25:50 -0500
From: "Rafael Echeverría"
Subject: SERIOUS ERROR IN THE CLASS OF 66 PHOTO !!!!
Fwd: Re. Circular No. 186, The Abbey School MSB (resending)
Dear Ladislao,
There is a serious error in identifying those in the photograph of 1966.
So .... Allow me to "beat my drum".
The No. 1 in that photo IS NOT ... I repeat .... IS NOT Russell Kuna .....as Jeremy De Barry (I believe) seems to identify.
That person IS ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rafael Echeverria .... CHE-CHE .... the problem is that Russel and I were so much alike... we physically resembled each other so much ....that everybody (including ourselves and making jokes at each other) used to laugh about it all the time.
Well ... 40 years later confusion seems to reign in that subject about "Cunha and CheChe".
Russel has a story about MY MOTHER coming to him saying ".... hola mi amor Dios Te Bendiga ..." during a visit of my parents to Mount on a weekend .... my mother with her hands extended ready to kiss her beloved son she so much missed ..... and Russel ... jumping backwards just in time to prevent that "event" ... told my mom in desperation ... "Oh No Madam ... I am not Che Che ... I am not your son !!!!!". My mother has been laughing for years ever since. She still remembers the anecdote. I am sure Russell too. I certainly do.
My mother ... however ... when she saw me afetr that "confusing moment" ... instead of giving the kiss she was ready for ... looked at me and asked me .... "CheChe??? ... thet call you CheChe?? .... why is that ???" At home ... we still laugh our guts out ... everytime we remember that episode.
However....I remember that Russell was a lot taller than me ... and his hair was even blonder and not as curly as mine.
Yes Ladislao ... that is a true story .... and everyone at Mount used to make jokes about our resemblance all the time ... fellow students, teachers, priests, workers ... everybody.
So please try to tell everyone ... (I am also sending this mail in copy for Norman Smith so that he may send it to Jeremy whose email I do not have...
I wish so much to write to him ... he taught Norman and I how to play the guitar !!!!!!!!... A GREAT FRIEND ... A GREAT MOUNT BOY ... JEREMY DE BARRY !!!!!)
Love to ALL ..........
Rafael .... CheChe
(Sorry CHECHE there is no email address for Russell Cunha. Ed)
--------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 11:22:31 -0500
From: "Rafael Echeverría" reglaw@gmail.com
Thank you Ladislao ... for sending me some old reports I did not have .... thanks a lot ... I am now here in Maracaibo for a time ...
it was good to know about Peter Laughlin... we studied together and belonged to the same basketball team at Mount ...
CheChe
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: fabio amici < irecaparts@hotmail.com >
Sent: Tuesday, October 4, 2005 10:24PM
Subject: class 66
Hola Ladislao,
mi hermana que vive en Italia me envió la pagina Web de The abbey School.
No sabia que ni siquiera esta existía.
Ha sido un grato placer recordar muchas cosas nuevamente.
Casualmente Yo aparezco en la foto en el número 26 (Fabio Amici) el 22 es Luis Alfredo Mezzana, primo de Humberto Luongo, y el 25 es Alfredo Benarroch.
Digo casualmente ya que pertenezco a la clase del 67, pero como salí de 5 grado en Venezuela en Julio al llegar a Trinidad en Septiembre me colocaron en Prep A esos tres meses cuando en realidad debía estar en Prep B.
Al año siguiente me quede en Prep A y salí de Mount en el 67.
La foto en cuestión fue tomada por el sacerdote apodado "Voosh" a finales de 1961.
De los old boys el que visto con relativa frecuencia es Enrique Castells que seguramente lo habras conocido.
Un gran abrazo y muchas gracias por la iniciativa de la página,
Fabio Amici
Hello Ladislao,
My sister who lives in Italy sent The Abbey School Web page to me.
No that not even this existed.
He has been a pleasing one to please to remember many things again.
Casually I appear in the photo in number 26 (Fabio Amici) the 22 is Luis Alfredo Mezzana, cousin of Humberto Luongo, and the 25 it is Alfredo Benarroch.
I accidentally say since I belong to the class of the 67, but as I left 5 grade in Venezuela in July when arriving at Trinidad in September placed to me in Prep To those three months when in fact should have been in Prep B.
The following year I have left in Prep To and I left Mount in the 67.
The photo at issue was taken by nicknamed priest "Voosh" at the end of 1961. Of old boys the one that seen with relative frequency is Enrique Castells who surely known.
A great hug and thank you very much by the initiative of the page,
Fabio Amici
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Subject: Fwd: Updates to Photo Gallery at http://jgioannettiphotography.com / as of 30th Sep 2005 and some samples from Feb 05
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 00:46:40 -0400
Trinidad.
Lots of great photos from a trini.
Amid all of the problems and pressure of living the trini dream these days, sometimes it good to just remember the richness that is Trinidad and Tobago.
Really like lots of these.
Hope you enjoy.
Gk
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Reply from John Gioannetti
Thank you for your time, and have a great day.
John
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Nope u can try snail mail or call him on telephone for details 1-868-629-1023
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Saturday, September 25, 2004 2:46 PM
John
No e-mail address?? where I can send him the Circular???
Ladislao
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: 9/25/2004 10:02:20 AM
Dennis Cribbes
43 Moka Heights
Maraval
1-868-629-1023
The number is correct but I am not certain of the address
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is some news to those that like the photos taken by John Gioannetti that I include or shall include in the Circulars.
1. When I send you individual photos you can just forward to all on your mailing list
2. I would also suggest that you forward this whole e-mail message to all on your mailing list
3. As I update the site I will e-mail you and you can forward this to your mailing list
4. Some ones of Mount at 6:00 am with a full moon in the background are coming soon
5. Some of Mayaro / Guyagurare will also be op soon…..This should be of interest to the Venezuelan boys as it was where a lot of them spent time with the priest when the school was closed for long weekends etc
(Please send me the photo of MSB and the moon. Ed.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
REMEMBER TO PAY YOUR DUE, 50 WORDS PER YEAR, OR SEND A CHECK ANY U.S. BANK to my mailing address:
Ladislao Kertesz
Apartado 69072
Caracas 1062A Venezuela
For those that prefer this way to cooperate with the Circular and the expense that this generates. It is 52 issues per year with photos.
God Bless
Ladislao
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photo: Echeverria´s photo rafito 2. Class 1967? No.1 Michael Pegus
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look us up at http://www.theabbeyschool.com, an all class msb web site.
A recent site by Don: http://msbtunapuna.blogspot.com/
Look at www.paxabbey.com, for information on the Monastery, Mt St. Benedict.
For those that want to communicate with the web, use, webmaster@theabbeyschool.com,.
Send information to: Ladislaokertesz@hotmail.com, if you would like to be in the circular’s mailing list or any old boy that you would like to include. Telf. 0 (212) 263.5346 Caracas.
Use kaviacion@cantv.net, or kertesz11@yahoo.com, for photos as I leave enough storage space for these.
Please note: you may have missed some of the circulars, if you have not received one every week, do not hesitate to ask for the missing number to idmitch@anguillanet.com,
For those that would like to contact me here I include my telephones:
Telf.Office: 58 (212) 263.5346, 267.2416, From: 11:00GMT to 22:00GMT
FAX: 58 (212) 261.0829,
Home: 58 (212) 238.4084. From: 00:00 GMT to 04:00 GMT
Cellphone: +58 (0416) 612.5695
Remember that Venezuela’s time is the same as Trinidad’s, -04:00 GMT.
If you go to the Web Site: http://jgioannettiphotography.com/ you can see a loto f photographs by John.


No comments: