Saturday, September 17, 2005

Circular No 202




Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 17 of September 2005. Circular No. 202
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
In Circular No. 200 I let you know that I am going to make changes to the mailing of the Newsletter.
For those that would like to continue with the weekly ritual need reply to the following parameters:
A) Do you want to continue to receive the Circulars?
B) Do you want to receive it with attachments, (Photos)? this is because some have expressed concern that the attachments consume too much down load time for your local server.
C) Last and not all, either send your 50 words or check as per instructions at the end of the Circular.
D) For those that reply, I am sending the Circular with a new email address, to simplify the correspondence on my side. I hope that yahoo.com, is all right with you.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So back to emails; here is a compendium of emails from our Sportsmaster and Bursar (1955? – 1960):
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2725, 66th Terrace South
St. Petersburg, Fla. 33712
April 27, 2005

My Dear Ladislao,
Greetings in Jesus' Name and thanks a million for all the wonderful informational work that your circular are doing and providing for all of us. The “mount” remains and unforgettable institution in the lives of all of us who were fortunate to be part of its history.
These few notes, handwritten instead of being typed in a computer convey a sense of brevity in order to send this off to you quickly. So I do not intend to be lengthy here. But I want to embrace this opportunity to enclose the attached little donation to assist you in your wonderful work. It is my hope that it would emphasize several things; such as how much I appreciate your Circulars, also my tardiness or inability to contribute many articles.
I hope later on to do better in this regards), and my thanks for providing me with at least the e-mail of so many “old boys” whom I intend to write when more time allows me to do so.

I have been in close touch with Doctor David Bratt and his family in Trinidad. I also had the opportunity to meet with Mervyn Assam as well as Fr. Benedict and Brother Rupert. I am also in the process of purchasing a house in Trinidad, where, God willing I hope to spend time. Hoping to split my time between the U.S. and Trinidad.
I am also in close touch with Abbot John Pereira of the Mount. So busy as I am, I have not been completely out of the “loop”.

That’s all for now Ladislao send I ask our dear Lord to bless you and your family abundantly.
Your Lionel
(Formerly Brother Vincent)
Now: Deacon Lionel V. Robert
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply-To: lionel.roberts@pobox.com
Date: 7 May 03:31 (PDT)

Ladislao,
I was delighted to receive your communication and pictures so I sat down and drafted such a long reply to you - somehow I seem to have lost it , did you by chance receive it? Please let me know, but, yes, you have found me, Lionel, should you get this, please let us keep in touch and reply as soon as possible –
Warmest regards –
Lionel Roberts
----------------------------------------------------------------------.
Reply-To:lionel.roberts@pobox.com
Date: 7 May 03:15 (PDT)

My dear Ladislao,
--My God what a surprise!
Well yes you have found the Lionel Roberts.
I am so happy to hear from you, and hopefully by this means I could be in contact with so many of my former students and precious comrades. It seems that you have put together a newsletter which I would be most eager to receive. I have been hungry for news of as many of you as possible and now thanks to you this might be possible. I shall not be long in this communication, as I regard it as reintroduction to a whole generation of friends and former students which almost tragically was almost passing by. Suffice it to say that I visited the Mount in early January, and had lunch with the new Abbot and remaining monks. My wife Merlene was with me and what a thrill it was to us. Thoughts and fond memories came cascading back to me of those days of yore. On that occasion I met with Brother Rupert who gave me Isaias Farcheg´s address. I promptly wrote him, but to date have not been graced with a reply. I hope that I would more successful with!. In my next communication with you I hope to provide you with more information about me and my family.

God has been good to me and my family.
You will be happy to know that I remain within the bosom of the church; two years ago I celebrated my Silver Anniversary Of my Ordination as a Catholic Deacon.
But more of anon.
Ladislao how beautiful it is to hear from you please reply promptly.
God bless you and your family my friend.
NB:I will be sending you a picture of myself and my wife soon.
Love
(I would appreciate a photo. Ed.)
------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Thank you for your donation of USD 75.00.
And most of all the 50+ words your sent.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
REMEMBER TO PAY YOUR DUE, 50 WORDS PER YEAR, OR SEND A CHECK preferably from any U.S. Bank, to my address:
Ladislao Kertesz
Apartado 69072
Caracas 1062A Venezuela
For those that prefer this way to cooperate with the Circular and the expense that this generates. It is 52 issues per year.
God Bless
Ladislao
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photos: Bro.Vincent basketball (1959), Bro.Vincent and the kids. Marlene and Lionel
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: