Saturday, August 27, 2005

Circular No 199





Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 27 August 2005. Circular No. 199
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,

Due to comments that I have received, rest assured that I am not filtering your letters, giving priority to others, etc., but I am following this system:

1. When I get an email, I store it in the senders’ archives. Lately I am replying to let you know that I received your message.
2. If it is long, about one page, I immediately assign a Circular Number to it. Thus the Circular has a SEND date fixed to it.
3. The Circular is weekly so sometimes the reprinted email might take two to three months to be sent out, depending of the amount of emails you send.
4. In the past I tried to move numbers up and down but it caused confusion in my system, and most of all, TIME consuming.
5. With this system you might get odd numbers with advanced dates. This is because of my necessity to freeze the Circular numbers, and the urgency to inform you.
6. In 2013 when I am proposing to retire, I can make the Circulars more dynamic and be able to improve my system. As for now I can only promises that you are going to get a Circular per week.

Someone new but well remembered by his Class:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
De: Norman Smith [ nsmith@filmsmith.net ]
Asunto: Old boy looking to contact old boys
Fecha: 19/05/2005 15:12:00

Dear Ladislao,
Here is a fresh batch just in case. (photos)
I will have my whole family together at the end of the month and will take an up to date photo.
Abrazo!
Norman.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
On 5/16/05 9:18 PM, kaviacion@cantv.net at kaviacion@cantv.net wrote:

Dear Norman,
The following photos did not open:
Norman Smith class of 66 (48K)
1968 Los Yetis (352K)
Please resend, they are missing the .jpg ending.
God bless
Ladislao

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
De: Norman Smith [ nsmith@filmsmith.net ]
Asunto: Old boy looking to contact old boys
Fecha: 13/05/2005 16:42:52

Hello Ladislao,
With delight I discovered the Abbey School Website(s) and your efforts to bring old boys together.
I have been trying to make contact but all efforts to do so get bounced back.
Attached is an account of my life after mount and some pictures that show the aging process...
I can send more, but do not want to overload this email.
Warm regards,
Norman Smith

President The Loft 2150 South Dixie Highway Suite 101 Coconut Grove FL,33133 t:305 858 3245 f:305 860 0917 c:305 206 3924 --

---------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Rafael Echeverría
Date: Jul 11, 2005 8:29 AM
Subject: QUE PASO LADISLAO ????

Ladislao !!!!!
Hace SIGLOS que no se nada de ti ...
mi emal es reglaw@gmail.com ...
gracias a ti me volvi a econtrar con Norman Smith a quien no veia desde hace CUARENTA ANIOS ...
hemos pasado unos momentos inolvidables y hasta ehemos tocado juntos otra vez el rock de nuestro Grupo Chains de Mount ....
La ultima vez que supe de ti fue cuando ayude a tu hija en Maracaibo .... que paso ???? ....
Para actualizarme me vas a tener que enviar lo ultimos VEINTE Mount Letters ... por lo menos ...
Espero que todo este bien contigo ..
Hazme saber que todo esta bien ...ok ????
Un Abrazo !!!!
Rafael

Ladislao!!!!!
I have not heard from you for centuries.
My emal is reglaw@gmail.com ...
Thanks to you I have met with Norman Smith whom I have not seen for FORTY Years
We have passed unforgettable moments and we even played guitar together again the rock of our Group Chains de Mount....
The last time that I knew of you was when I helped your daughter in Maracaibo.... what happened? ....
In order to update to me you are going to me to have to send at least the last TWENTY Mount Letters......
I hope that all is well with you.
Let me know that all is well... ok?
A Hug!
Rafael

---------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Echeverria, Rafael - Norman Smith and myself .. together with my brother Gustavo and a Venezuelan friend Enrique Gomez .. formed a rock band in Mount (it was The Beatle's era) ... the band was called "Chains".
There was also another band called "The Interpreters" with which I played for some time ... I played the bass-guitar ... as a matter of fact I still do ... I combine my professional practice as a lawyer (International Contracting Law in Oil Industry) with music and running ...
I have already ran the New York Marathon TWICE ... the last time in November 2000... can you believe it ? ...
Now I have five children (My second granddaughter is due April 18th). Claudia my eldest daughter (the married one) and my son Rafael live in Florida .
I have been a lawyer for 27 years now ... and I have met so many people around the world thanks to my professional practice.
And I have lived a wonderful life !!! .... I have a beautiful wife and five great kids ...
My profession has reached very satisfactory levels and I feel proud of my work in life ... now ... at 54 !!! ...
I am now getting ready for some big business opportunities ... it is time to meet your old friends !!! ... they can be your best partners !!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------.
For those that might help, please contact Anthony Sabga, Alumni, with whom I lost contact.
Maybe one of his friends can give me a hand and inquire about his health, etc.
The address is:

Trinity Construction Corp.
9337 W Sample Road, Coral Springs, FL 33071
Phone: 954-753-8595

Primary Business Address
9337 W. Sample Road, Suite 211
Coral Springs, Florida 33065
Phone: 954-753-8596
Fax: 954-752-2793
Email: elizabeth_sabga@trinityconstruction.com

Antione Sabga
President and Founder of Trinity Construction Corp. Licensed Real Estate Broker, General Contractor. Accounting background.
tony_sabga@trinityconstruction.com ,
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
REMEMBER TO PAY YOUR DUE, 50 WORDS PER YEAR, OR SEND A CHECK preferably from any U.S. Bank, to my address:
Ladislao Kertesz
Apartado 69072
Caracas 1062A Venezuela
For those that prefer this way to cooperate with the Circular and the expense that this generates. It is 52 issues per year.
God Bless
Ladislao
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photo: Archivos Adjuntos:
1968 Norman Smith
1968 Los Yetis2
1970 Norman _ Dario TV perf.
1963 At the mount CU Norman
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look us up at http://www.theabbeyschool.com, an all class msb web site.
Look at www.paxabbey.com for information on the Monastery, Mt St. Benedict.
For those that want to communicate with the web, use, webmaster@theabbeyschool.com
Send information to: Ladislaokertesz@hotmail.com if you would like to be in the circular’s mailing list or any old boy that you would like to include. Telf. 0 (212) 263.5346 Caracas.
Use kaviacion@cantv.net or kertesz11@yahoo.com for photos as I leave enough storage space for these.
Please note: you may have missed some of the circulars, if you have not received one every week, do not hesitate to ask for the missing number to idmitch@anguillanet.com
For those that would like to contact me here I include my telephones:
Telf.Office: 58 (212) 263.5346, 267.2416, From: 11:00GMT to 22:00GMT
FAX: 58 (212) 261.0829,
Home: 58 (212) 238.4084. From: 00:00 GMT to 04:00 GMT
Cellphone: +58 (0416) 612.5695
Remember that Venezuela’s time is the same as Trinidad’s, -04:00 GMT.

No comments: