Saturday, January 29, 2005

Circular No 169



Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 29 January 2005. Circular No. 169
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,

So now the last of the January issues, keep your fingers crossed for the February issues.
Again a group of emails sent by you, (in this case Brian Goddard)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: BRIAN goddard, goddardbrian@hotmail.com
Sent: Monday, January10, 2005 7:14PM

Ladislao:
Este ultimo circular # 157 si lo pude bajar y leer...gracias!
Los anteriores no los pude bajar y no se porque!!??
Aprovecho informarte que durante la visita de Donald hace dos semanas, pudimos encontrarnos con los viejitos/usaditos de Urbano y Isaias en Caracas; luego Donald fue a PLC por unos días a visitar un amigo en Lecherias and I have´nt seen or heard of the crazy geologist since!!??
I guess he is ok and back home in the US by now!!??
Well Ladislao I sure hope that we get to meet in 2005 at some reunion or a lunch meeting some time and finally give you the photo and brochure that I have fm your Bajan friend.
Take care and all the best for 2005,
Brian Goddard

This last circular # 157 I could lower it and read... thanks!
The previous ones I could not lower them and I do not know why?
I take advantage to inform you that during the visit of Donald two weeks ago, we did meet with the old and used friends: Urbano and Isaias in Caracas.
Soon after Donald went to PLC to visit a friend in Lecherias and I haven’t seen or heard of the crazy geologist since!!??
I guess he is ok and back home in the US by now!!??
Well Ladislao I sure hope that we get to meet in 2005 at some reunion or a lunch meeting some time and finally give you the photo and brochure that I have from your Bajan friend.
Take care and all the best for 2005,
Brian Goddard
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Brian Goddard" briangoddard@oterca.com
Date: 4 May 14:08 (PDT)
Subject: Fw: FOTOS del cruce del Orinoco-Caroni

Ladislao:
Here are a few photos of a really tired swimmer after having crossed the Orinoco and Caroni river (3.5 linear km but the true km distance against the current is more like close to 5 km).
The first is the expression of an exhausted swimmer and the second is that of a curiously happy swimmer after realizing after finishing that he had not drowned while swimming the magnificent Orinoco river!!
I wish I had Stevens e-mail address in Barbados; so as to copy him on this message.
I have a photo and his hotel pamphlet for you which I will give you on my next trip to Caracas, ok.
Pls copy Steven if you have his address.
Saludos,
Brian

(Steven´s addresss is: jessietempro@hotmail.com. Ed.)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "BRIAN goddard" goddardbrian@hotmail.com
Date: 3 May 18:09 (PDT)
Subject: Hola Estoy vivo

Ladislao
He estado pendiente de llamarte antes de ir a Caracas y vi a Urbano Fedak hace un mes quien quedo en avisarme de una posible reunion.
Mas que todo queria informarte que visite a tu amigo Steven Tempro en Barbados y tengo una foto de los dos cerca de la piscina de su hotel "Smugglers Cove" el cual le prometi que te haria llegar personalmente ya que no lo tengo en digital;
Asi que te llamare cuando tengo mi proxima visita a Caracas y por fin poderte conocer, ok.
Una noticias de la actualidad de este "senior citizen" Brian es que nade el Orinoco y el Caroni a mediados del mes pasado.
Fue un magnifica experiencia el cual te lo explicare con mas detalles cuando nos vemos en Caracas y te enviare un par de fotos de la llegada que recibi por e-mail.
Saludos,
Brian

Ladislao,
I have been pending to call you before going to Caracas.
I saw to Urban Fedak last month and he promised to call me for a possible reunion.
But before everything I wanted to inform you that I visited your friend Steven Tempro in Barbados.
I have a photo of both of us near the swimming pool of his hotel "Smugglers Cove" which I promised to give you personally when I arrive in Caracas, since I do not have it in digitalized;
So I will call when I have my next visits to Caracas and finally will meet you, ok.
The news of the present time is that a "senior citizen" Brian swam the Orinoco and the Caroni in the middle of the last month.
It was magnificent experience which I will explain it with details when we see ourselves in Caracas and will send a pair to you of photos of the arrival that I received by email.
Greetings,
Brian
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "BRIAN goddard" goddardbrian@hotmail.com
Subject: RE. Circular No. 139 The Abbey School, MSB
Date:Thu, 15 Jul 2004 10:32:50 -0400

Coño Donald: Estas carajito en la foto y por curiosidad que sera la vida de Bodington.
Estara todavia en Venezuela y donde.
Si tienes su telefono hagamelo llegar.
Pienso copiar a Ladislao y Urbano con mi mensaje; ya que tengo tiempo que no llamo a Ladislao y le tengo una foto de un amigo de el durante mi ultimo viaje a Barbados.
Creo que se lo habia mencionado anteriormente pero nunca tuve respuesta.
Veo a Urbano de vez en cuando cerca de su oficina en Caracas y le prometi a Isaias Farcheg visitarlo one of these days soon.
They promise to call and let me know when thay have a dinner reunon but never do!!?? Vamos a ver si en el año 2004 podemos concretar una reunion en Caracas que yo pueda asistir!!??
Saludos a todos,
Brian

Donald:
You are a baby in the photo and by curiosity what about the life of Bodington.
Is he still in Venezuela and where.
If you have his telephone number please let me know.
I am copying to Ladislao and Urbano with my message; since I have not called Ladislao and I have a photo for him of a friend whom I met during my recent trip to Barbados.
I believe that I have mentioned it previously but never I had answer.
I see Urban once in a while near his office in Caracas and I promised Isaias Farcheg to visit him one of these days soon.
They promised to call and let me know when they would have to dinner reunion but never do?
We are going to see if in AD 2004, we can make a specific one reunion in Caracas that I can attend?
Greetings to all,
Brian

(Roberto Bodington´s number is: 58 (261) 748 3513, in Maracaibo. Ed.)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Ladiskao kertesz [mailto: lkertesz1@icqmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, 30 January 2005 11:20 AM

Dear David,
I met Daniel and he is a very nice guy.
Works late hours and is going to help me with the PLC area.
He told me that you have written.
I need Hugh Henderson’s email, since he changed the old one, I have been out of touch.
God Bless
Ladislao

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: David E. Bratt MD
Sent: 1/10/2005 10:16:30 AM
To: michielid@cantv.net

Daniel, this is David Bratt, another Mount old boy, 1957 to 1962, partly from Venezuela, partly from Trinidad and also a paediatrician practicing in Port of Spain.
Welcome to the list and if you ever come this way, let me know and we'll go up to Mount together.
David, Medico Cirujano,
UCV, 1991
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REMEMBER TO PAY YOUR DUE, 50 WORDS PER YEAR, OR SEND A CHECK.
God Bless
Ladislao
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photos: Brian Goddard 1 and 2
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



No comments: